mercoledì, ottobre 08, 2008

Tea

I really like tea. Its nice to drink becasue it is getting colder outside, and its not really something i could drink in hawaii. My friend got me a box of "22 mixed Teas" for my birthday, so ive been having a different tea every morning and afternoon for the past week and a half. ITs quite fn to try all the different types, and it sure tastes good. The coffee they drink here is SO STRONG too! the come in these little, tiny cups (all the cups in italy are small. i want a huge mug! even if just for water! i have to refill my glass a million times when i drink water at lunch or dinner!) and the coffee is very, very concentrated. Its going to take awhile to get used to.

So yesterday i had my first formal italian lesson with a teacher and some other students. We didnt learn anything that really stood out, only things about singular and plurarls, and about how to prounounce some sets of letters like gli and ce and ca and ga and ge and gu and many, many more. After which i got my first homework for the whole time that i have been here! I have to study and memorize some verb tenses for two different verbs. This should be fun. And in school, yesterday during the day me and the other two girls in my school went down and sat with the teacher to figure out our new scedules. It took, for all three of us, about 4 hours but now i have a shiny new scedule for school! In which i have dropped the classes i wouldnt be able to follow (latin and german 3), classes i didnt need (philosophy and p.e.) and picked up some fun new classes! (german 1). I was going to take Greek, but it is only offered at the other school. Our school has two different buildings which are like 20 minutes away from eachother. So no greek for me, but i DO have 4 hours a week where i am doing a "self study" perios! Im thinking that im going to take a course online or study italian, or maybe sleep. Whatever strikes my fancy. And on thursdays i get to go home an hour early!

Life is good for now. I can start to buy my books for school so i can read up the night before so i can follow somewhat the next day in class, and do something with a little more substance than Sudoku. My tea is ready, so im going go drink that, but im feeling good today!
Ciao!

2 commenti:

Neetneets. ha detto...

Hey jody its Anita :D (from CS)
I totally got a blogger blog now as well (mainly cos I was bored but I'm going to use blogger not vox for my 'family' blog! So yeah, I thought I'd just drop you a comment ... I'd better go shave my hairy hobbit feet now :p lol.
Nice to hear you're having a good time in Italia!!

Anonimo ha detto...

heyy jody, this is jennifer. hi.