sabato, agosto 30, 2008

GOOD NEWS!

Good News, Everyone!
I have a departure date. My bags are packed. My carryons are packed. I have an "electronic" ticket (which is just as good.) I have a flight scedule. I have everything I need to take with me. My visa is in the mail and I have a tracking number for it.



I am ready.
I am leaving.
In 2 days, 2 hours, 42 minutes and 3 seconds. ( I have a little counter thing :) )
I cannot believe it.


I am departing from hawaii to oregon, where i have a 9 hour layover. From there, I fly to Amstedam (a 10 hour flight) and there again I have ANOTHER 9 hour layover. And then, finally, I fly down to Milan and I will arrive there at 10:15pm. I leave a sunday and arrive tuesday night. My total travel time IS:dumdumdumdumdum 33hours and 16 minutes!!!
Needless to say I have stuffed my carryon full of books. My two suitcases: The first weighs 49.9 pounds and is VERY heavy. My second weighs a more managable 42.9 pounds. My carryon suitcase weighs 29 pounds and my backpack was light enough so i did not have to weigh it.

And I am done. The wait is almost over. In two days this time I will be at the airport saying my final goodbyes.
My visa stilll has to arrive on sunday during the day, because i leave sunday night around 10 pm.

Wish me luck, I shall update again when i am in italy!
Ciao!

Nessun commento: