sabato, gennaio 24, 2009

Christmas In Milan

So since my other long post about Italian culture and being an exchange student is still a work in progress, and I dont feel up to writing a very long post, I uploaded some pictures of Milan at Christmastime! They are all very random and out of order, so bear with me...
This one is just to prove that there are some sunny days here, though they are all cold and the sun
doesn't warm you. Plus pretty picture of the Castello! This is during the day, without the lights lit.
Here's the castello with all the Christmas lights! It was hard to get a picture with all the lights on at once because they played Christmas music and the lights would flash in tune with the music. Flash, fade, and do all sorts of cool things. The two smaller towers on the sides would actually change colors, but I didn't get a picture of those.


All over Milan they've been putting up these Christmas lights (not exactly like these, different shapes and designs) and at first, in November, I was quite confused as to why they were hanging these random things all over Milan. But when they lit them up towards the beginning of December, it really felt like christmas! I'm sad that they are all down.... this picture is of some of my favorites of all the lights that I saw. And it wasnt just in Milan-these kinds of lights were put up all around italy.
Asides from that one, heres some more that weren't half bad:



There was this one tram that was covered in lights! it was quite a site to behold. I think there was only one, but it still ran the regular routes and such. It was just more spectacular than all the others.
I went to a Rotary Christmas concert inside of the Duomo, (Personally I didn't know that you could just book the Duomo like that) it was pretty buuttt boring because they actually didn't play any Christmas music. Still enjoyed the time with the other exchange students though!
This here is the Galleria. Notice the lights inside?

That's a closer up of inside the galleria. And that there in the middle is the symbol/flag of Milan.They put up a huge Christmas tree right in the center piazza. It was HUGE!

But the one we had at home was smaller, but I still think it was pretty cool-
That's my old host family, decorating the Christmas tree.

And on Christmas I went to some of my host family's relatives and we all ate lunch together.
For now, thats about it! More posts are coming, becuase I still have to do New Years and I have lots more photos to share....
Bacci di Milano e Buon natale a tutti!
Jody

Nessun commento: